RatanTata,Tata chairman has invested in these successful startups below in his personal capacity
- Snapdeal founded in 2010, is India’s largest online marketplace with the widest collection of 60 million plus products across 800 categories from regional, national and international brands and retailers. With a large number of clients and more than 300,000 vendors, Snapdeal is the shopping goal for Internet clients across the nation, delivering to 6000+ cities and towns in India. It is touted as one of the biggest acquisitions in the history of the Internet industry in India. They also received 11 rounds of funding and acquired 12 companies.
- Urban ladder founded in 2012, is a popular furniture e-commerce platform which provides good quality, well-designed, competitively priced, dependable furniture and home solutions to enable the customers make a beautiful house without any hassle . They also provide a special pricing for the customers. They have joined as partners with Flipkart and Amazon to make brand offline stores
- Urban clap founded in 2014, is a mobile commercial place which provides all the services for the customers at one catch. They offer more than 107 services, ranging from Yoga instructors to Fitness trainers, Nutritionists and Physiotherapists, home beauty salon, plumbing, a wedding photographer, party planner serving around 6000 customers per day. They collaborated with Snapdeal to work on e-commerce platform enabling the consumers to book the services through mobile applications. Download it right away to solve your needs in a clap!
- Lenskart founded in 2010 is one of the developing retail in eyewear. Having a wide collection of eyeglasses with good quality frames and lens, they also sell contact lenses, sunglasses and every sort of eye glasses that are commonly worn. They also provide exciting offers and offer them on affordable price for the people who have a budget. It also has started an online business www.lemkart.com where they also offer home eye check-up services and free home trial. Do check them out and order yours.
- Paytm founded in 2010, is among the popular mobile wallet payment services and Commerce Company in India. It enables customers to pay with a single tap via Paytm by scanning the QR code at retail stores, petrol pumps, parking and also to shopkeepers and autowalas. In 2015, it became the first Indian company to receive funding from Chinese ecommerce company Alibaba and it also received a license from Reserve Bank of India to start one of India’s first payments banks. In 2017, launched bill payments services in Canada, its first international market that helps the Canadians to pay their utility bills.
- Ola founded in 2010, is an Indian online transportation network company and India’s answer to Ola. It is the easiest and fastest way to book a cab in your city. It provides different types of cab service ranging from economic to luxury travel and are reserved through a mobile app which accepts both cash and cashless payment options. In 2014 Ola also started auto rickshaw service on its mobile app. The company had expanded to a network of more than 200,000 cars across 100 cities. It is growing fast and many entrepreneurs from housewife to college guys attach their cars with OLA Cabs and earn good amount.
- Xiaomi founded in 2010,is Chinese based electronics company with its headquarters in Beijing.It is recognised as the world’s 3rd largest smartphone maker. It designs, develops, and sells smartphones, mobile apps, laptops, fitness trackers and related consumer electronics The name signifies “little rice” in Chinese
- CarDekho founded in2008 , is India’s leading car search venture that helps customers purchase automobiles that are ideal for them and its site and application conveys information such as expert reviews, history , detailed specs and prices, comparisons as well as videos and pictures of all car brands and models available in India. It has launched many features to make sure that users get a feel of the car model before visiting a dealer showroom. The platform also has used car ads wherein users can upload their cars for sale, and find used cars for buying from individuals and used car dealers.A great business man not only aims self growth of his firm,but also help small business to grow