Bollywood movies have come up with their blockbusters at the initial quarter of the year itself and gave a healthy kick-start to cash registers.
- Starting with an action cum thriller film “Raees”, starring Bollywood King Khan Shah Rukh Khan as the main lead, the hungama of stars continued its fabulous run with Hrithik Roshan’s “Kaabil”, went on for Akshay Kumar’s courtroom drama “Jolly LLB 2” and finally a romance drama starring Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt as main cast,Badrinath Ki Dulhania.Next its Bahubali 2,although its not straight Bollywood film but its dubbed and rights for hindi version was boght by Karan johar under Dharma productions.
- ‘Raees‘ has managed to surpass the lifetime collections of Shah Rukh’s 100-crore grosser – ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ (2012).’Raees’ is based on life story of criminal Abdul Latif but as per the director, film is just a work of pure friction and has nothing to do with life story of Abdul Latif.Raees 1st Week Collection is approximated to be 119.71 crore.’Raees’ has tasted immense success in the international market too. The film, which also stars Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Mahira Khan in key roles, has already crossed the 250-crore mark in worldwide collections. Shah Rukh Khan will be seen next in Imtiaz Ali’s romantic film with Anushka Sharma, scheduled for an August release.
The 1st week day-to-day box-office collections of this super hit film were as follows:
Day 1 – Wednesday (Jan 25) – Rs 20.42 crore
Day 2 – Thursday (Jan 26) – Rs 26.30 crore
Day 3 – Friday (Jan 27) – Rs 13.11 crore
Day 4 – Saturday (Jan 28) – Rs 15.61 crore
Day 5 – Sunday (Jan 29) – Rs 17.80 crore
Day 6 – Monday (Jan 30) – Rs 8.25 crore
Day 7 – Tuesday (Jan 31) – Rs 7.52 crore
- Kaabil made a decent collection at the domestic box office.Its total first week domestic box office collection to Rs 79.60 crore net. However the movie has failed to cross the opening week collection of “Agneepath”, which did a business of Rs 91.05 crore net.The film industry and trade analysts were bit worried about two big ticket films(Raees and Kaabil) clashing at the theatres. However, the good news is that both movies have managed to hold their ground and make their presence felt at the box-office. The reviews from critics prove that Kaabil has won the audience’s hearts too. Hrithik, in particular, has won tremendous appreciation for his portrayal of a visually-challenged man. Hrithik Roshan, will be seen again in 2018 with Krrish 4.
The actual collections of “Kaabil” went like this
Day 1 – Rs 10.43 Crore
Day 2 – Rs.18.67 Crore
Day 3 – Rs 9.77 Crore
Day 4 – Rs 13.54 Crore
Day 5 – Rs 15.05 Crore
Day 6 – Rs 6.04 Crore
Day 7 – Rs 6.10 Crore
- After a gradual slowing down of box-office numbers, Akshay Kumar’s Jolly LLB 2, did relatively well and has emerged as the crowd favourite. The movie remained one among Akshay’s top 5 first week earners. The total collection reads Rs 107.45 crore. In an event held to mark the success of the film, the makers confirmed that a sequel to the Akshay-starrer is in the pipeline, thus taking the ‘Jolly LLB’ franchise forward.
Here is the complete day by day box-office collection of Jolly LLB 2:
Day 1 (10th Feb, Friday) – Rs 13.20 crore
Day 2 (11th Feb, Saturday) – Rs 17.31 crore
Day 3 (12th Feb, Sunday) – Rs 19.95 crore
Day 4 (13th Feb, Monday) – Rs 7.26 crore
Day 5 (14th Feb, Tuesday) – Rs 9.07 crore
Day 6 (15th Feb, Wednesday) – Rs 5.89 crore
Day 7 (16th Feb, Thursday) – Rs 5.03 crore
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania has already become the highest first Monday grosser of 2017, overtaking Shah Rukh Khan’s Raees and proving trade analysts wrong by showing that the film could be successful in spite of an exam-time release. Badrinath Ki Dulhania is the return of the Alia-Varun jodi to the big screen after three years. The two had made their debut together in Karan Johar’s Student Of The Year and also appeared together in Badrinath’s prequel, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania. The movie is touted to be the sequel of Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania. Varun Dhawan thinks that being a rich male is a reason get easily married. But Alia from small town and has her own kind of mind. How Badri makes her to get married is the story.Romantic Comedy Bollywood Movie “Badrinath Ki Dulhania” will showcase the love in U.P Style. It is a love story about Badrinath Bansal and Vaidehi Trivedi. It is a routine Story of a boy metting the girl and falling for her. Badrinath Bansal (Varun Dhawan) a 10th Pass son of a rich businessman and Money –lender from Jhansi, falls in love with Vaidehi Trivedi (Alia Bhatt), a girl from Kota. Badri is caring and Sweet soul Inside. Vaidehi is fierce, High-Spirited; a beautiful Rebel. Badri insists to mary her. Even when the girl says she is not interested, he pursues her and makes her fall in love with him. But as time passes by their love story leads to a lot of complications.And now this lovely drama entered into the club with Rs.110 crore. TheStarring hit pair Alia-Varun may entertain with their jackpot hit again. Wishing them a very good luck.
Badrinath ki Dulhania’s Box office 1st week collections went like
1st Day – 12.30 Cr.
2nd Day – 14.50 Cr.
3rd Day – 16.25 Cr.
4th Day – 12.10 Cr.
5th Day – 07.25 Cr.
6th Day – 05.95 Cr.
7th Day – 05.05 Cr.
- Bahubali 2 although its not straight bollywood film it is dubbed version for telugu
Bahubali 2.The rights of hindi version of Bahubali 2 was bought by Karan Johar under Dharma Productions.This movie created a huge fame based on its previous part,the biggest question of 2015 “WHY KATTAPPA KILLED BAHUBALI” was revealed in this part.it broke all the previous records,it is the first Indian film to bag 1000crores.The hindi version of Bahubali collected nearly 500 crores within 20 days of its release.